The Harmony of the World
A conference to celebrate the 400th anniversary
of the publication of Johannes Kepler's Harmonices Mundi
21-23 June 2019, St. Petersburg, Russia
This conference will examine the Harmonices Mundi in the context of Kepler's work and the history of science and ideas.
We invite proposals of papers that consider
- the assumptions, arguments and claims made in the Harmonices Mundi
- the Harmonices Mundi in the context of Kepler's wider thought in astronomy and/or astrology
- sources and influences on the Harmonices Mundi
- cultural contexts for the Harmonices Mundi
- consequences and reception of the Harmonices Mundi
Call for papers to open shortly.
Conference - all 3 days, 1 day - 75 euros, after 1 April - 85 euros.
1 excursion - sightseeing of Saint Petersburg.
Conference bag with conference papers
A visit to the Saint Petersburg Archive to see Kepler's manuscripts
Publishing of conference proceedings in Culture and Cosmos
Museum of the History of Religions
Pochtamtskaya Ulitsa 14 (Pochtamtskaya Street 14)
St. Petersburg, Russia
Visit the Russian conference website:
(the website is in Russian)
Experience the white nights in St. Petersburg around summer solstice.